Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt, born on August 5, 2001, in Cambodia, is the eldest child of Hollywood stars Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. Maddox’s early life was marked by international adoption, as Angelina Jolie adopted him from Cambodia in 2002. His adoption made headlines, shedding light on international adoption and humanitarian efforts.
Named “Maddox” after a Welsh architect and “Chivan” from Cambodian history, Maddox’s name reflects his multicultural upbringing. He has since been joined by five siblings: Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne, and Knox, creating a large and diverse family.
Growing up as the eldest sibling in a famous family, Maddox has been exposed to both the glamour of Hollywood and the importance of global philanthropy. He has occasionally accompanied his mother on humanitarian missions and film sets.
As Maddox matures, he is expected to continue his education and exploration of personal interests while being part of a family deeply committed to humanitarian causes and the world of cinema.
Maddox Jolie-Pitt Interesting Facts
- Maddox was adopted by Angelina Jolie in 2002 from an orphanage in Battambang, Cambodia.
- His name “Maddox Chivan” combines elements from different cultures, reflecting his international background.
- He was born in Cambodia, making him the eldest child in the Jolie-Pitt family.
- Maddox has five younger siblings: Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Vivienne, and Knox.
- He often accompanied his mother on humanitarian trips and visited countries like Cambodia, Ethiopia, and Namibia.
- Maddox has been photographed alongside his family at various high-profile events and movie premieres.
- He shares his parents’ commitment to philanthropy and humanitarian causes.
- Maddox has expressed interest in film, attending college in South Korea to study biochemistry.
- He has been supportive of his mother’s work in the entertainment industry and her advocacy for human rights.
- As the eldest sibling, Maddox Jolie-Pitt is expected to continue shaping his own path while maintaining a strong connection to his family’s dedication to both cinema and global humanitarian efforts.