Ivanka Trump is an American businesswoman, fashion designer, and former government official. Born on October 30, 1981, in New York City, she is the daughter of former President Donald Trump and his first wife, Ivana Trump. Ivanka graduated from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in economics.
She gained prominence as a businesswoman through her work in the fashion and retail industries. She launched her own fashion line in 2007, which included clothing, accessories, and footwear. Her brand garnered attention and success, although it also faced criticism and controversies.
Ivanka Trump entered the political sphere when her father became President of the United States in January 2017. She took on an official role as an advisor to the President, with a focus on issues related to women’s economic empowerment, workforce development, and family policies. Her involvement in the Trump administration was met with both support and criticism, with some praising her efforts to influence policy and others expressing concerns about potential conflicts of interest.
During her time in the White House, Ivanka played a role in various initiatives, including working to promote the “Women’s Global Development and Prosperity” initiative aimed at empowering women economically around the world.
Ivanka Trump Interesting Facts
- Early Life and Education: Ivanka Marie Trump was born on October 30, 1981, in New York City, USA, to Donald Trump and his first wife, Ivana Trump. She attended prestigious schools like Chapin School, Choate Rosemary Hall, and later attended the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Modeling Career: Before entering the world of business and politics, Ivanka worked as a fashion model. She appeared on the covers of various magazines and walked the runway for fashion designers.
- Entrepreneurial Ventures: Ivanka Trump is a successful businesswoman. She launched her own fashion line, including clothing, shoes, and accessories. Her brand garnered attention and generated both praise and controversy.
- Executive Role: Ivanka played a prominent role in her father’s business empire, The Trump Organization. She was involved in various projects and initiatives within the company.
- Authorship: Ivanka is the author of the self-help book “The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life,” which was published in 2009. The book offers advice on achieving success and balancing personal and professional life.
- Political Role: During her father’s presidency, Ivanka took on an official role as a Senior Advisor to the President. She focused on issues such as women’s empowerment, workforce development, and economic growth.
- Policy Initiatives: As a Senior Advisor, Ivanka was involved in policy discussions and initiatives such as advocating for paid family leave and workforce training programs.
- Global Women’s Empowerment: Ivanka launched the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP) in 2019, aiming to empower 50 million women in developing countries economically by 2025.
- Family Influence: Being the daughter of President Donald Trump, Ivanka’s role in his administration raised questions about potential conflicts of interest and nepotism within the White House.
- Post-Presidential Pursuits: After her father’s presidency, Ivanka has continued to focus on various endeavors. She has been involved in philanthropic work, public speaking engagements, and advocating for certain policy issues.